Canada has exported products in
Category 2-7 to eight countries in the Middle East & North Africa
Chemical or biological toxic agents, “riot control agents”, radioactive materials, related equipment, components, materials, as follows:
a. Biological agents and radioactive materials “adapted for use in war” to produce casualties in humans or animals, degrade equipment or damage crops or the environment;
b. Chemical warfare (CW) agents including:
1. CW nerve agents:
a. O-Alkyl (equal to or less than C10, including cycloalkyl) alkyl (Methyl, Ethyl, n-Propyl or Isopropyl) - phosphonofluoridates, such as:
Sarin (GB):O-Isopropyl methylphosphonofluoridate (CAS 107-44-8); and Soman (GD):O-Pinacolyl methylphosphonofluoridate (CAS 96-64-0);
b. O-Alkyl (equal to or less than C10, including cycloalkyl) N,N-dialkyl (Methyl, Ethyl, n-Propyl or Isopropyl) phosphoramidocyanidates, such as:
Tabun (GA):O-Ethyl N,N dimethylphosphoramidocyanidate (CAS 77-81-6);
c. O-Alkyl (H or equal to or less than C10, including cycloalkyl) S-2-dialkyl (Methyl, Ethyl, n-Propyl or Isopropyl)-aminoethyl alkyl (Methyl, Ethyl, n-Propyl or Isopropyl) phosphonothiolates and corresponding alkylated and protonated salts, such as:
VX: O-Ethyl S-2-diisopropylaminoethyl methyl phosphonothiolate (CAS 50782-69-9);
2. CW vesicant agents:
a. Sulphur mustards, such as:
1. 2-Chloroethylchloromethylsulphide (CAS 2625-76-5);
2. Bis(2-chloroethyl) sulphide (CAS 505-60-2);
3. Bis(2-chloroethylthio) methane (CAS 63869-13-6);
4. 1,2-bis (2-chloroethylthio) ethane (CAS 3563-36-8);
5. 1,3-bis (2-chloroethylthio) -n-propane (CAS 63905- 10-2);
6. 1,4-bis (2-chloroethylthio) -n-butane (CAS 142868- 93-7);
7. 1,5-bis (2-chloroethylthio) -n-pentane (CAS 142868- 94-8);
8. Bis (2-chloroethylthiomethyl) ether (CAS 63918-90-1);
9. Bis (2-chloroethylthioethyl) ether (CAS 63918-89-8);
b. Lewisites, such as:
1. 2-chlorovinyldichloroarsine (CAS 541-25-3);
2. Tris (2-chlorovinyl) arsine (CAS 40334-70-1) ;
3. Bis (2-chlorovinyl) chloroarsine (CAS 40334-69-8);
c. Nitrogen mustards, such as:
1. HN1: bis (2-chloroethyl) ethylamine (CAS 538-07-8);
2. HN2: bis (2-chloroethyl) methylamine (CAS 51-75-2);
3. HN3: tris (2-chloroethyl) amine (CAS 555-77-1);
3. CW incapacitating agents, such as:
a. 3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate (BZ) (CAS 6581-06-2);
4. CW defoliants, such as:
a. Butyl 2-chloro-4-fluorophenoxyacetate (LNF);
b. 2,4,5-trichlorophenoxyacetic acid mixed with 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (Agent Orange).
c. CW binary precursors and key precursors, as follows:
1. Alkyl (Methyl, Ethyl, n-Propyl or Isopropyl) Phosphonyl Difluorides, such as: DF: Methyl Phosphonyldifluoride (CAS 676-99-3);
2. O-Akyl (H or equal to or less than C10, including cycloalkyl) O-2-diakyl (Methyl, Ethyl, n-Propyl or Isopropyl) aminoethyl alkyl (Methyl Ethyl, n-Propyl or Isopropyl) phosphonite and corresponding alkylated and protonated salts, such as:
QL: O-Ethyl-2-di-isopropylaminoethyl methylphosphonite (CAS 57856-11-8);
3. Chlorosarin: O-Isopropyl methylphosphonochloridate (CAS 1445-76-7);
4. Chlorosoman: O-Pinakolyl methylphosphonochloridate (CAS 7040-57-5);
d. “Riot control agents”, active constituent chemicals and combinations thereof including:
1. -Bromobenzeneacetonitrile, (Bromobenzyl cyanide) (CA) (CAS 5798-79-8);
2. [(2-chlorophenyl) methylene] propanedinitrile, (-Chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile) (CS) (CAS 2698-41-1);
3. 2-Chloro-1-phenylethanone, Phenylacyl chloride (-chloroacetophenone) (CN) (CAS 532-27-4);
4. Dibenz-(b,f)-1,4-oxazephine, (CR) (CAS 257-07-8);
5. 10-Chloro-5,10-dihydrophenarsazine, (Phenarsazine chloride), (Adamsite), (DM) (CAS 578-94-9);
6. N-Nonanoylmorpholine, (MPA) (CAS 5299-64-9);
2-7.d. does not control "riot control agents" individually packaged for personal self defence purposes.
2-7.d. does not control active constituent chemicals, and combinations thereof identified and packaged for food production or medical purposes.
e. Equipment specially designed or modified for military use, for the dissemination of any of the following and specially designed components therefor:
1. Materials or agents controlled by 2-7.a., 2-7.b. or 2-7.d.; or
2. CW made up of precursors controlled by 2-7.c.
f. Protective and decontamination equipment, specially designed components therefor, and specially formulated chemical mixtures, as follows:
1. Equipment, specially designed or modified for military use, for defence against materials controlled by 2-7.a., 2-7.b. or 2-7.d. and specially designed components therefor;
2. Equipment specially designed or modified for military use, for the decontamination of objects contaminated with materials controlled by 2-7.a. or 2-7.b. and specially designed components therefor;
3. Chemical mixtures specially developed/formulated for the decontamination of objects contaminated with materials controlled by 2-7.a. or 2-7.b.;
a. Air conditioning units specially designed or modified for nuclear, biological or chemical filtration;
b. Protective clothing.
For civil gas masks and protective and decontamination equipment see also entry 1-1.A.4. on the Dual-Use List.
g. Equipment, specially designed or modified for military use, for the detection or identification of materials controlled by 2-7.a., 2-7.b. or 2-7.d. and specially designed components therefor;
2-7.g. does not control personal radiation monitoring dosimeters.
See also entry 1-1.A.4. on the Dual-Use List.
h. “Biopolymers” specially designed or processed for the detection or identification of CW agents controlled by 2-7.b., and the cultures of specific cells used to produce them;
i. “Biocatalysts” for the decontamination or degradation of CW agents, and biological systems therefor, as follows:
1. “Biocatalysts” specially designed for the decontamination or degradation of CW agents controlled by 2-7.b. resulting from directed laboratory selection or genetic manipulation of biological systems;
2. Biological systems, as follows: “expression vectors”, viruses or cultures of cells containing the genetic information specific to the production of “biocatalysts” controlled by 2-7.i.1.
2-7.b. and 2-7.d. do not control:
a. Cyanogen chloride (CAS 506-77-4);
b. Hydrocyanic acid (CAS 74-90-8);
c. Chlorine (CAS 7782-50-5);
d. Carbonyl chloride (phosgene) (CAS 75-44-5);
e. Diphosgene (trichloromethyl-chloroformate) (CAS 503-38-8);
g. Xylyl bromide, ortho: (CAS 89-92-9), meta: (CAS 620-13-3), para:
h. Benzyl bromide (CAS 100-39-0);
i. Benzyl iodide (CAS 620-05-3);
j. Bromo acetone (CAS 598-31-2);
k. Cyanogen bromide (CAS 506-68-3);
l. Bromo methylethylketone (CAS 816-40-0);
m. Chloro acetone (CAS 78-95-5);
n. Ethyl iodoacetate (CAS 623-48-3);
o. Iodo acetone (CAS 3019-04-3);
p. Chloropicrin (CAS 76-06-2).
The cultures of cells and biological systems listed in 2-7.h. and 2-7.i.2. are exclusive and these sub-items do not control cells or biological systems for civil purposes, such as agricultural, pharmaceutical, medical, veterinary, environmental, waste management, or in the food industry.