Click here to
Stop CPP investments in firms selling military, police, spy or prison-related products to Israel
Here is a list of
things you can do.
Please take your pick!
This is the online version of
Or, you can click here to transfer funds to COAT with PayPal.
Sign, Circulate and Promote COAT's PETITION
the petition online
Ask Organisations to Endorse the Campaign
* Get Endorsements: Please raise this issue at meetings and ask progressive organisations to give their endorsement to this campaign. (The names of endorsing organisations will be published online at the COAT website, in media releases and other campaign materials and in the next issue of our publication, Press for Conversion!)
Press for Conversion!
*Order a copy, or copies, of "Profiting from Israeli Apartheid" (Part 1). Distribute this edition of COAT's publication (Press for Conversion!) at events or to friends, family, co-workers, journalists, teachers, politicians, activists, students, religious leaders, etc.
* Subscribe, or renew, your subscription to Press for Conversion! (Canadian subscribers get 3 issues for $25, and 6 issues for $45.)
Use COAT material:
Feel free to quote from, or reprint articles from Press for Conversion!
Use COAT material in list serves, websites, blogs, pamphlets, letters to the
editor, essays, teaching materials, newsletters, magazines, presentations,
etc. Please be sure to acknowledge Press for Conversion! as the
source, mention Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade (COAT) and provide COAT's
web address <http://coat.ncf.ca>
Contact MPs and Senators
Tell the what you think:
Tell your MP, other parliamentarians, and James Flaherty, Canada's
Minister of Finance, that you don't want your retirement savings to help
finance companies which supply military, police, surveillance or
prison-related products and services used by Israel.
Contact the CPP Investment Board
Tell the CPP to divest:
Urge the CPP Investment Board (CPPIB) to sell its shares in corporations
that sell products or services that support Israel's military, police,
surveillance or prison systems.
Here are the contact details on how to email, phone, fax or write to the
Boycott and Divest
*Use consumer power: Use your power as a consumer to boycott and divest from firms linked to Israelís military/"security" industrial complex.
* Other investment schemes: Besides the CPP, many other pension plans, mutual funds, and investment schemes hold shares in companies that support Israel's occupation. Urge them to divest too. (See this table compiling data on the CPP and five other large Canadian pension funds that have investments totalling $4.5 billion in companies supplying Israel with military-, police-, surveillance-, prison-related products and/or services.)
Stir things up on Facebook
*Stir things up with friends on Facebook: Join this Facebook group and invite your friends to do likewise...
Organise a Local Event
* Think Globally, Act Locally! Organise a local meeting, panel discussion, or protest to make this an issue in your community. COAT has many hundreds of contacts across Canada and may be able to help suggest speakers in your area. We can also provide resource materials for distribution at the event. COAT's coordinator, who researched and wrote the report ("Profiting from Israeli Apartheid") may be available in person, or by Skype, to make a presentation to your group.
* Create something! Paint a poster, write a song, wax poetic, craft a slideshow or video. Use your imagination to produce something creative. Send your material to COAT so we can link to it.
Contact the Companies
Here is the CONTACT INFORMATION for all the companies listed in "Profiting
from Israeli Apartheid" (Part 1). Write a polite letter to inform the
company what you think about their complicity in supplying products or
services supporting Israel's military, police, surveillance and/or prison
systems. Use facts from COAT's magazine. Letters from
organisations, or institutional investors, would carry more weight. If
you are an investor, or if you purchase products from the company involved,
you could inform them that they are losing your business. Let them know what
you are doing to encourage others to boycott and divest. Ask about their
ethics policies and how they relate to Israel's violations of international
* Make a suggestion. Please suggest other ideas that could be added to this list of actions.
Make a financial contribution
* We operate on a very limited, shoestring budget. Please make a donation to the Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade (COAT) to ensure that our work can continue. Thanks! You can either click here to download and print a coupon to send by mail, or... Click below to securely transfer funds from your debit or credit card using PayPal.
Click here to securely
transfer funds from